In January 2017, we announced VentureApp 2.0 and the evolution of our application into a business chat platform.
Today, we’re excited to introduce contact import and management functionality that enables users to immediately discover which of their business contacts are on VentureApp.
Why should you import your contacts to VentureApp?
In order to take full advantage of VentureApp’s business chat platform, connect with your network. The goal of VentureApp contacts is to make it easier for users to find people to chat with, and through these networks, access other members of the community through trusted, contextual introductions.
With VentureApp contacts:
- Users can message their contacts on VentureApp anytime – you do not have to wait for them to be online
- Users can invite any of their contacts to join VentureApp which will send an email invite, controlled by you, the user
- Users will only receive messages from people that are confirmed contacts, preventing unsolicited messages like in email and on LinkedIn, unless they choose to make themselves publicly available
How should you import your contacts to VentureApp?
- Users can automatically import contacts by authenticating with Google to pull their gmail contacts
- Users can upload CSVs of contacts from Linkedin (go to this link while logged into Linkedin to export your CSV)
- Users can upload CSVs of contacts from Microsoft Outlook (go to this link from instructions on exporting your Outlook CSV)
Please note: VentureApp will never – we repeat, never – share your contacts or message them without your consent.
No one wants to be solicited inappropriately, so one of our major focus areas is to create a user experience unlike the email overload of sales pitches and newsletters and LinkedIn’s “InMail,” which we all face.
At the same time, all professionals are looking to make value-add connections, which almost always come through trusted introductions to people not directly in our networks. The ability to import your contacts to VentureApp is the first feature in a set that we will be rolling out over the next few months in order to maximize these valuable interactions on VentureApp.