Up until recently, our team at VentureApp has been quietly working on VentureApp 2.0, which we’re happy to announce today. Before diving into the major platform updates, I want to share our learnings from the past 16 months of engaging with over 2,000 businesses that we have applied to this new 2.0 release.
- Businesses value the knowledge and opinions of their extended network when searching for solutions, advice and information
- Businesses do not have an easy way to access the collective knowledge and opinions of their extended network when searching for solutions, advice and information
- The best way for a business to access solutions, advice and information is to chat with other businesses
- Reputation is everything in business and dictates how people make business decisions
From these learnings, we have honed our thesis and determined our mission: map the world’s business graph to deliver smarter business connections.
The business graph is the set of relationships between businesses – i.e. client, vendor, investor, referral partner, etc. – and we are mapping the relationships of every business in the world, starting with the “innovation economy.”
On top of this graph, we have built VentureApp 2.0, which is a simple platform to search for and chat with people at other businesses.
VentureApp 2.0 – Home
The core action a user takes on VentureApp is to chat with other members of the community, but you can also “Connect” with another business (i.e. add a business to your network) and “Recommend” a business on a particular topic.
VentureApp’s homepage shows the activity of members in the community as well as who is online and available to chat.
VentureApp 2.0 – Search
VentureApp’s search functionality makes it easy to find a business by industry, service type or topic. Search results are based on VentureApp’s Reputation Rank algorithm which ranks businesses based on a combination of their connections, recommendations and activity on the platform while customizing the results based on the network connections of the user searching.
VentureApp 2.0 – Business Profile
Business Profiles on VentureApp are the digital representation of a business’s network and reputation. By building out your network – clients, vendors, referral partners, etc. – you can:
- Increase your Reputation Rank for key business topics and get discovered in search
- Create a single place for people in your company to recommend other businesses so your network can easily access your connections and gain valuable introductions
VentureApp 2.0 – Business Chat
While there are many ways to chat online with friends and family, we believe there needs to be a dedicated platform for chatting with your extended business network. Every day we face situations that others in our extended network could help out with, and by mapping this network and making it instantly accessible through a chat application, we believe business will be much more productive.
Building a major network platform
As crazy as it might sound, we believe that mapping the world’s business graph and making it searchable and accessible through chat will bring tremendous productivity gains to millions of businesses. We have many top tier businesses in our community already, and look forward to engaging with many more in the future.
So, if you haven’t already, sign up to be a part of our network and join in our vision to map the world’s business graph to deliver smarter business connections. We look forward to chatting with all of you on VentureApp.Join VentureApp and Chat Now