Focusing on growth for 2016? Hiring is likely a big part of that, and certainly a challenge for many companies. Quality candidates don’t just magically appear (unless you’re really lucky) so you’ll have to ramp up recruitment efforts, and posting to job boards will help them find you.
We get a bunch of requests from businesses looking for the best job boards to consider, both free and paid, for developers and other roles, and thought we’d share some of our top findings with you. Want an even bigger list of job boards and recruitment options? Sign up and submit a request today and we’ll share a lengthy list of options w/ costs, including those which VENTUREAPP has secured a discount for members.
(Mostly) Free Job Boards
- AngelList: A great free option, AngelList lets you post your job listing for free and search for potential candidates. As with most free postings, you must put effort and research in on the backend. You will get the most out of the platform if you simultaneously express interest in potential candidates.
- Indeed.com: Arguably gets the most traffic of all job sites and operates like a Google search engine for jobs. It’s free to create a company page, post jobs, and find candidates across every industry and location using Indeed Resume. You will have to pay $1 for every candidate you contact through the site and for sponsored jobs you pay per click ($.25-$1.50).
- LinkedIn: While certainly not free forever, most businesses qualify for a free 30 day trial of the recruiter version. If you haven’t claimed the trial yet, it can be helpful if you are active in the first 30 days – but don’t get too hooked as it is expensive long term.
- StartHub: The city’s new site for startups allows you to submit your job listing for free.
- VentureLoop: Posting on VentureLoop is free for portfolio companies associated with venture capital clients. Non-clients may register and post jobs for $99/posting.
- TechInBoston: As part of Dave Gerhardt’s useful newsletter of podcasts, resources and news, he is also creating a list of job openings in the startup community. Submit your job for his consideration for free.
Quality Paid Job Boards
- CrunchBoard: Official job board of TechCrunch so the visibility is high, as is the cost: $200 for 1 posting for 30 days – discounted 5 pack at $895, and 10 pack for $1495.
- Monster: Well known career site with another considerable price tag: one job ad for 60 days at $395 which includes distribution to Monster.com, over 1,000 newspaper sites, mobile apps, and other sites on Monster’s network, candidate management tools, 20 recommended resumes, and email distribution via newsletters.
- Venture Fizz: Boston tech news site run by Keith Cline, who also founded Dissero (startup recruiting firm), charges $99 for a 60-day listing. (VENTUREAPP has a discount!)
Industry-Specific Job Boards
- GitHub: The job site for engineering and developer talent created by the makers of a code repository for more than 11 million developers worldwide. You can post one listing for $450 and it runs for 30 days.
- MediaBistro: A site for media and marketing professionals, you can post a job for $279 per job for 30 days, or a 3-pack at $239 per job.
- SalesGravy: A good job site for sales professionals, you can post a job for $199 per month. They also have quarterly and annual plans as well.