- Company: Flyp
Flyp is a promising venture in the Boston tech ecosystem with over 1M downloads, 30 employees and $6M in funding from Aspect Ventures, Acorn Ventures, Structure Capital, MAG Ventures, and more.
- Company Size: 30 employees
- Industry: A communications app with the highest quality calling & texting from multiple phone numbers
- Buyer: Peter Rinfret, CEO – industry veteran, three-time founder, with more than two decades of experience with management and business operations.
- Flyp and VentureApp, By The Numbers: 30+ Requests for Vendor Solutions (Coworking Space in Dallas, PR Firm, AWS Credits, Integrated Marketing, Ad Buy Strategist, Benefits Provider, Payroll Alternative, Product photographer, Business Travel Savings, and more)
- Immediate value to Flyp: $200,000 – Continuously save Flyp team 80% of weekly resource time
Given Peter’s experience leading companies, he was initially unsure how to leverage VentureApp for Flyp’s vendor purchasing decisions. He had a process in place for finding vendors – tapping his own connections and expertise where he could, and calling on his team to handle research and vetting of vendors. But, this process wasn’t working for a specific and pressing vendor search – Peter was unhappy with his PR firm and his team spent countless hours over weeks of time and approximately $30,000 in resource time trying to find a good PR firm replacement.
“VentureApp is the personal assistant we can’t live without, a consultant that runs a variety of business operations, and a hyper-talented search engine at our fingertips.” – Peter Rinfret, CEO of Flyp
Discouraged by the time loss that went into attempting to find a PR firm, Peter agreed to give VentureApp a shot. He scheduled a free consultation with his own personal VentureApp business advisor. Long story short, Peter was sold: in just 60 minutes, VentureApp identified hundreds of thousands of dollars in procurement savings. Peter also realized he could save 80% of his resource time per week by letting VentureApp handle the research and vetting that goes into finding the right vendor. Now, Flyp is thrilled with their PR partner, which VentureApp found and introduced to Flyp, at no cost or time to their executive team.