Yesterday we announced a new feature – the ability to import and manage contacts, so that users can immediately discover which of their business contacts are on VentureApp.
We received a few questions about the process so here’s a quick overview.
How to Import Your Contacts
1. Log in to www.ventureapp.com
2. Click “Import Contacts” and choose your preferred source (Gmail, LinkedIn, or Microsoft Outlook).
3. Authenticate with Google (you’ll be prompted), or upload CSVs of contacts from Linkedin (go to this link while logged into Linkedin to export your CSV), or upload CSVs of contacts from Microsoft Outlook (go to this link from instructions on exporting your Outlook CSV).
4. Your contacts who are already a part of the VentureApp community will populate in the center of the homepage.
5. Invite existing VentureApp contacts to chat. All contacts who are online will appear at the top of your listInvite members to chat and they will receive an email that alerts them that you are trying to chat with them on VentureApp. If you don’t want to chat with one or many of your contacts that have imported, they will never receive any communication from you or VentureApp.
6. To view all imported contacts you can click Settings dropdown menu –> Contacts → VentureApp Contacts OR Other Contacts. *Your contacts are private information and not visible to the community.
7. To view contacts who are non-VentureApp members, click Other Contacts. From here, you can click Invite if you would like to chat with them & enable them to explore our community. If you don’t want to chat with one or many of your contacts that have imported, they will never receive any communication from you or VentureApp.
8. You can also search for contacts by name or email.
Frequently Asked Questions about VentureApp Contacts
What are my contacts used for?
We want to make it easy for you to connect with your existing business network. Your contacts are for you and you alone, unless you want to make intros to other VentureApp users to your trusted network.
Are my contacts private?
Yes, we will never message your contacts unless you specifically select a contact to chat. Only you can see your contacts. If your contact logs on to VentureApp to chat with you, they can then choose to chat with any other user of VentureApp who is online, or import their contacts to connect with their own business network. VentureApp will never – we repeat, never – share your contacts or message them without your consent.
How do I invite non-VentureApp contacts?
When you import your contacts, you will be able to sort by those that use VentureApp and those that have not yet. When you press the blue Invite button, non-VentureApp users will receive an email indicating that you wish to chat with them on VentureApp.
What is the difference between connection & contact?
A VentureApp connection is a public endorsement of a business relationship – a partner, client, investor, or vendor – which you list on your VentureApp profile. A VentureApp contact is a private list of professionals whom you chat with regularly.