With over 431 CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software options, choosing the right CRM software for your business can be a time-consuming, difficult process. It’s important to understand your business goals prior to implementing a CRM solution so that it can help you reach the finish line.
Take a look at the objectives of your sales and/or business process and how the solution can complement the existing efforts of your salesforce. It won’t accomplish your goals for you, but smart organizations will put in place solutions that help them accomplish the job faster and better.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT CRM SOFTWARE
A CRM software solution will help track and analyze the interactions you have with your customers and prospects. It can greatly simplify and scale your sales processes and customer engagement. A CRM software is an investment in your team’s productivity. In fact, it’s estimated that a well-implemented CRM system can increase revenue per sales person by 41%.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT A CRM SOFTWARE NOW
Keeping track of prospects and customers with excel docs and personal email accounts can become unruly very quickly, so its best to switch to a CRM software early on. You’ll be able to take advantage of the CRM’s benefits and glean actionable insights early on. It’s estimated that for every $1 spent on CRM and its implementation, the average ROI is $8.71- well worth the early investment.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHEN CHOOSING A CRM SOFTWARE
There are a variety of factors that go into choosing a CRM software including but not limited to types of integration needed, feature set, price, ease of implementation, etc. It’s important to understand your sales and business goals before choosing a CRM software. We can help you identify the best one for your needs, budget, and growth goals.
Here are some top considerations to think about when purchasing an CRM software:
- How easy is implementation of this CRM system? Is the UX intuitive?
- What is the price structure?
- Is this solution mobile compatible? Can I easily access the information while on the go?
- What is the CRM software’s set of features? Which features do I need? Are they aligned?
- What data does the system provide? What data do I need? Are they aligned?
- How easy is integration with other software or services?
- Will this CRM software grow with my team?
- What customer support does the software have? How much support will you need for implementation?
- Can the flow & structure of the CRM system be adequately adapted to my sales process and structure?
- Can I easily import and export data?
- What backup options or safety measures exist in the system?
- What types of businesses use this CRM system?
The cost of CRM software varies greatly depending on factors such as number of users, features available, package chosen, etc. Prices can range from free to several hundred dollars per month depending on your business needs. Price structure is general on a per-user and per-month basis although some CRM systems have packages or yearly contracts
As mentioned above this largely varies based on number of users, feature set, and more. The contract will often be monthly and per-user with additional fees per new user added. Determine what your business goals are and what your budget specifications are to determine which pricing model and what contract terms make the most sense for you.
Speak with businesses in similar industries, of similar size, and with similar CRM software needs. If possible, try to find a user that the CRM software provider may not list as a reference to evaluate its functionality and usefulness.