Rob Go is a partner at Nextview Ventures – one of Boston’s most active early stage funds. Rob and the Nextview crew have built an impressive portfolio and are huge supporters of the tech ecosystem.
On Wednesday, May 24, at 1pm ET, Rob is hosting online office hours on VentureApp – a unique opportunity for you to have a direct one-on-one chat with this incredibly influential investor. It’s all private so you can ask him anything about your business, your fundraising efforts, your career, your growth strategy, etc.
Here are the five reasons you don’t want to miss the opportunity to chat with Rob next Wednesday:
- Rob is an expert at consumer technology. Prior to founding NextView, Rob was at Spark Capital and focused on early stage investments in consumer web and mobile. Before joining Spark Capital, Rob worked at eBay as the Business Product Lead for “Finding.” In this role, he oversaw the launch of major products that enhanced the search, browse, and product discovery experience for tens of millions of users. He’s made investments into consumer businesses like Boundless, Days by Wander, Flavors.me, RentJuice, thredUP, and more.
- He’s also very well versed in online commerce and the b2b segment. With investments into companies like InsightSquared, HyperPublic, Crunched, TapCommerce, oneforty, Shareholic, and GrabCAD, Rob is talented at spotting growth opportunities for solutions that drive business growth online. Rob began his career at The Parthenon Group, a boutique strategy consulting firm as a member of the firm’s private equity practice, and focused on the consumer and retail industries. Additionally, he’s held product management roles at Fidelity Investments, BzzAgent, and helped to found Letslink.jp, one of the first social networking sites outside of the United States. Suffice it to say, he has broad experience driving B2B and B2C success.
- He can help with pitch prep and setting valuation expectations. He recently wrote a blog post all about the right way to answer the valuation question when investors ask you this. Run your answer by him for feedback before you take your pitch in front of other investors. Further, get his pointers on pitch design and how to incorporate your “big idea” alongside hard facts about the strength of your team, experience, etc. Don’t worry – he has opinions on the importance of the idea, as well.
- He can chat with you about getting a job in VC. Do you think you have the experience and personality traits to be successful at VC? Rob can share tips and tricks, but will also keep it real with you by nailing down whether you have the unique ability to source deals?
- You can ask him anything about term sheets and LOIs. They are very complicated and quite different. Rob can give you the lowdown on process and best practices specific to your business and/or market.
Want to start chatting with people like Rob right away? Sign-up for VentureApp to engage with your closest contacts and influencers within your extended network.